The EU-China FIRE project facilitated and supported the set-up of a common IPv6 pilot between EU and China, with the goal of:
- Strengthening joint research efforts on the Future Internet by developing interoperable solutions and common standards.
- Reinforcing academic and industrial cooperation on Future Internet experimental research, through a better networking between European and Chinese actors.
- Exchanging best practices for IPv6 deployment and supporting the creation of interconnected IPv6 pilots between Europe and China.
The common work intended to:
- Establish a virtual united labs, focusing on IPv4 - IPv6 interconnection equipment test IPv6 full routing table and global reachability test, IPv4 over IPv6 tunnel test, Inter-AS IPv6 multicast, etc.
- Share IPv6 deployment experiences, such as Backbone, MAN，Fixed line, Mobile network packet switched domain, BOSS, IDC migration, and Home network.
- Periodical communication through mailing lists and/or conference calls, seminars or meetings during project events.
- Follow up with some protocol extensions and current product network problem statements, submitting Internet common drafts to Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF).
- Communicate with each other on IPv6 supporting ability of major vendor’s equipment.
Should you want to organize a pilot involving IPv6 between China and the EU please contact us!