A webinar presenting Autonomic Future Internet: Challenges and needs for standardisation was organised by the EU-China FIRE project on April 7, 2015.
Check the proceedings available below.
The objective of this second webinar organised by the EU-China FIRE project was to impart information on Autonomic Future Internet (AFI), present the activities of the ETSI NTECH AFI, and discuss with participants the related challenges and needs for standardisation. It was organised on April 7, 2015, from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (CET) and featured the participation of Dr. Ranganai Chaparadza (Researcher and Consultant) and Dr. Tayeb Ben Meriem (France Telecom/Orange)
ETSI NTECH AFI at Glance
ETSI NTECH AFI started as an Industry Standardization Group (ISG) and is now a WG within the ETSI NTECH TC: Specifications for Autonomic Network Engineering for the Self-Managing Future Internet. Created in January 2009, it is composed of major European operators, vendors and research organisations in the field of ICT technologies.
ETSI NTECH AFI’s main mandate and objectives are:
• Encourage harmonization and pragmatism across the circles of both the evolutionary approaches and revolutionary approaches to Future Internet
• Specificity requirements, use cases, requirements and scenarios on Autonomic Management & Control (AMC)
• Define of a Reference Model of a holistic Generic Autonomic Network Architecture (GANA) that defines the autonomic elements, the self-manageability properties of the Future Internet that fulfils the Requirements
• Instantiate the GANA Reference Model to exiting architectures (IMS, 3G, Ad hoc / Mesh networks, Access networks) and emerging ones (NFV, SDN, Cloud)
• Address the OPEX challenges faced by network and service providers by measuring the benefit of Autonomics/Self-Managing paradigm and features through Proof of Concepts (PoC)
• Liaise with other SDOs and disseminate ETSI NTECH AFI model (BBF, ITU-T SG 2/ 13/ 15, TMForum, IETF, …)
For more information, visit www.portal.etsi.org
Tuesday April 7, 2015
10:00 AM – 10:05 AM • Introduction
Speaker: Martin Potts, MARTEL, EU-China FIRE Project Coordinator
10:05 AM - 10:30 AM • ETSI NTECH AFI objective, structure, achievement and work plan (PDF)
Speaker: Tayeb Ben Meriem, France Telecom/ Orange
10:30 AM - 10:50 AM • ETSI NTECH AFI GANA Reference Architecture and How to combine GANA Autonomic Management & Control principle with NFV and SDN to reach a common goal (PDF)
Speaker: Ranganai Chaparadza, Researcher and Consultant
10:50 AM - 11:10 AM • Q&A session
We use the GoToWebinar system.
To participate in the EU-China FIRE webinars you need:
• High speed internet access
• Windows/Mac computer:
For windows-based attendees: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
For Mac®-based attendees: Mac OS® X 10.7 – Lion® or newer
You can also attend our webinars making a call on your landline or mobile device. For Mobile attendees: Android, iOS mobile, Windows Phone operating system.